Location: Specialized Foster Home in East Texas, (undisclosed location)
Monday, Tuesday, & Wednesday
2 Thursdays a month
Training Costs: $120 This position requires mandatory training due to the specialty care of residents and initial fees to be reimbursed upon a 3 month probationary period.
Job Title: Supporting Caregiver III
Reports to: House Parent/Residential Coordinator
Schedule: 40 hrs/week Mon-Wed 9PM-9AM (2 Thursdays a month)
● Salary: $20,000 – $23,000 (PRN is based on hourly wage)
● Medical/Dental insurance allowance (10% of annual salary per year)
● 7 Days of Personal Time off and one day for each additional year worked (4 week notice required).
● At least 25 years of age
● High school diploma or equivalent
● Be qualified on the basis of personal character to work with this young population.
● Have a valid Texas Driver’s License
● Must receive a favorable Criminal Records Check
● Display the motivation and desire to learn and develop appropriate childcare skills and meet all the employment qualifications as outlined in the policy of Arrow Child & Family Ministries and the mission of Refuge of Light.
● Be stable, firm, assertive, committed, flexible, and capable in pressure situations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING
Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
● Supporting Caregiver shall be called of God; committed to serve and willing to work to create a Godly Christian home atmosphere.
● Participate in mandatory training through Arrow Child & Family Ministries and Refuge of Light. (ongoing in service training program)
● Replace other night security (Supporting Caregiver IV) as needed.
● Provide supervision in the home through documented 30-minute room checks.
● Manage any potential problems that are minor in nature.
● Contact House Parent with problems of a more major nature and document incident.
● Complete any specified tasks that are prearranged by Residential Coordinator or House Parent.
● Actively intervene in crisis situations, alert House Parent and document incident.
● Be self-directed and exercise good judgment.
● Support, encourage, and assist co-workers as equal team members.
● Be teachable and follow directions as given by the Residential Coordinator and/or House Parent.
● Demonstrate effective communication skills, self-control in crisis situations, relationship building with resistive children and assertiveness.
● Basic writing skills are required. (for notes)
● Must be able to maintain professional boundaries and confidentiality.
● Must attend work regularly and be on time.
● Be familiar with emergency plans in case of fire or bad weather to include evacuation plan.
● Be responsible for notification of appropriate people for medical and other emergencies.
● Meet weekly with House Parent/RC to address any problems or suggestions.
● Initially you will be required to pay for your fingerprint application in the amount of $41.45. However, after a 3-month probationary period you will be reimbursed.
● You will also be required to take a CPR class that you will initially pay for. However, after a 3-month probationary period you will be reimbursed.